How does a perfectly joyful, restful day go so wrong?
In the midst of choosing joy, I experience bouts of spiritual warfare. Things have just been going too well — life too Kingdom centered for the evil one to leave me alone.
It’s amazing how quickly I believe the lies I tell myself. That I’m not enough, that I’m too much… the list goes on. I’ve been riding a high of excitement since starting the Daniel Plan; and it’s come crashing down with an all-out attack from multiple directions.
How full is my bucket? Not very freaking full, Tom Rath.
When I experience spiritual warfare like this, the only thing that centers me is a laminated card hanging in my shower called “Who I am in Christ.”
No matter how fierce the attack, how hurtful the situation, I can’t read all the way through these simple truths without finding some peace again. The truths hit me hard this evening — I think they add more Faith Essential value than anything else I could share.
Who I am in Christ
I am accepted…
- I am God’s Child. John 1:2
- As a disciple, I am a friend of Jesus Christ. John 15:15
- I have been Justified. Romans 5:1
- I am united with the Lord, and I am one with Him in spirit. 1 Cor. 6:17
- I have been bought with a price and I belong to God. 1 Cor. 6:19-20
- I am a member of Christ’s body. 1 Cor. 12:27
- I have been chosen by God and adopted as His child. Ephesians 1:3-8
- I have been redeemed and forgiven of all my sins. Colossians 1:13-14
- I am complete in Christ. Colossians 2:9-10
- I have direct access to the throne of grace through Jesus Christ. Hebrews 4:14-16
I am secure…
- I am free from condemnation. Romans 8:1-2
- I am assured that God works for my good in all circumstances. Romans 8:28
- I am free from any condemnation brought against me and I cannot be separated from the love of God. Romans 8:31-39
- I have been established, anointed, and sealed by God. 2 Cor. 1:21-22
- I am hidden with Christ in God. Colossians 3:1-4
- I am confident that God will complete the good work He started in me. Philippians 1:6
- I am a citizen of heaven. Philippians 3:20
- I have not been given a spirit of fear but of power, love and a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7
- I am born of God and the evil one cannot touch me. 1 John 5:18
I am significant…
- I am a branch of Jesus Christ, the true vine, and a channel of His life. John 15:5
- I have been chosen and appointed to bear fruit. John 15:16
- I am God’s temple. 1 Cor. 3:16
- I am a minister of reconciliation for God. 2 Cor. 5:17-21
- I am seated with Jesus Christ in the heavenly realm. Ephesians 2:6
- I am God’s workmanship. Ephesians 3:12
- I may approach God with freedom and confidence. Ephesians 3:12
- I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13